Make a card for each story. Keep adding to your collection.
- Use a piece of 10 cm x 13 cm cardstock paper to make a story card.
- Combine different media to make your picture - things such as coloured pencils, markers, magazine pictures, paints.
- Let the image remind you of the details in your story.
- Write the storytelling prompts on the back of the story card.
- beginning sentence, e.g., I remember a time when my father surprised me. It was a bright and sunny day.
- points, in order for each big part of the story, e.g.,
• winding road
• new car
• stop for gas
• stop for snacks
• stop for worms
- ending sentence, e.g., And that's how I managed to catch the biggest fish of the season.