Have students participate in another cooperative art activity, for example:
- Draw a variety of horizontal lines on paper 9 cm x 15 cm.
- One strip will be shared by three students. Make sure there are a variety of horizon curves so that each triptych will be unique.
- Cut the papers into thirds.
- Randomly hand out one piece of paper per student.
- Have students draw their own picture using the horizon line and whatever natural and other objects they want to use. Use watercolour paints and markers to complete the pictures. A cotton-tip or end of a small pencil eraser could be used to paint dots.
- Once all the pictures are complete, have students find two other pictures that would work with theirs to create a unique landscape. Ask them to work with their peers to combine the pictures into a triptych.
- Have students explain why they chose the pictures they did.