CREATE ANALOG DRAWINGS
Use lines to express feelings, for example, instead of using the word 'angry' draw something that stands for angry – the way angry feels to you. This is called an ANALOG. Only use lines. Do NOT draw a picture.
- Divide a sketchbook page into 6 boxes.
- Write one of the following words at the bottom of each box:
- Start with one of the boxes, for example, Angry:
- Close your eyes.
- Try to remember the last time you felt really angry.
- Feel it.
- Let that feeling grow inside you.
- Let it flow up into your arm and into your pencil.
- When you are ready, open your eyes.
- Make some lines in the box to show what this feeling looks like for you.
- Do the same thing for each of the other boxes.
- Share your drawings with 2 other people.
- What do you notice about the drawings?
- How are your drawings the same as the others?
- How are they different?