Contest Rules & Regulations
OFFICIAL RULES FOR CRAYOLATEACHERS.CA “LESSON PLAN SPRING CONTEST”
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID OUTSIDE OF CANADA AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. The CrayolaTeachers.ca “Lesson Plan Contest” (“Contest”) begins 12:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) March 18, 2019 and ends 11:59 PM ET May 30, 2019 (“Contest Period”).
2. Open only to legal residents of Canada who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Void outside of Canada and where prohibited by law. Quebec residents are excluded.
3. Employees of Crayola Canada (“Sponsor”) and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, retailers, distributors and suppliers, and the immediate families (spouse, parents, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and individuals living in the same households of such employees, whether or not related, are ineligible to enter or win. Subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations.
CONTEST: To enter the Contest during the Contest Period, Canadian teachers will select one lesson plan from CrayolaTeachers.ca to do in the classroom with their students. All lesson plans on CrayolaTeachers.ca are eligible. Teachers are invited to use lesson plan as shown or adapt the lesson plan to make it their own. The teacher must be an active, full or part-time teacher employed at a public, private or charter school at the elementary, middle, junior or high school level and licensed daycare centres within Canada. The teacher must submit a photograph that clearly shows the students’ finished work, organized in an attractive display suitable for that particular lesson plan project (bulletin board, table display, etc.) All projects shown in the photograph must be from one specific lesson plan chosen from CrayolaTeachers.ca. Limit three (3) Contest entries per teacher, each from a different lesson plan. All entries, whether or not selected as a winner, become the property of the Sponsor (as defined below) and will not be acknowledged or returned. All photos that qualify for the contest will be posted on a CrayolaTeachers.ca dedicated landing page showing only the photo, lesson plan name and school name. Photographs should show the projects only and should not include images of the students. Photo must be submitted in a .jpg file type and must not exceed 10MB in size. Photo may not be edited, manipulated or photoshopped in any way other than for cropping. Photos may not contain computer generated graphics or animations and must meet the Contest entry requirements as defined in the Section below. Photo must be submitted through the contest submission form. Include teacher’s name, contact telephone and/or email address, school name, address and lesson plan name.
4. A random drawing of all eligible entries will be conducted on or about May 31st 2019 to determine the winner. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible Contest entries received for the drawing at issue.
5. Contest Prize/Notification:
Contest Prize Package: Prize package includes an assortment of Crayola products valued at $1,000 (Estimated Retail Value) suitable for the classroom, delivered to the winning teacher’s school. Prize is not transferable, redeemable for cash, or substitutable except by Sponsor, which reserves the right, at its discretion, to substitute a prize or portion of a prize with one of comparable or greater value. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
Contest Winner Notification: The winner will be notified by phone and/or e-mail on or before June 7, 2019. Prior to being declared a winner of a prize, the potential winner will be required to correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, to be administered by phone or e-mail. If a potential winner is contacted by phone, Sponsor will make one (1) attempt to leave one (1) message. In the event that any e-mail to a potential winner is returned as undeliverable, any phone number provided by a potential winner is incorrect or no longer in service, a response to any given e-mail or phone call/message is not received within three (3) business days of date of its issuance or a potential winning teacher fails to answer the skill-testing question correctly, the prize may be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner may be selected. In the event a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules or a prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, the prize package may be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner may be selected. Acceptance of prize by the teacher/school constitutes permission for Sponsor and its designees to use school’s name, image, trademarks and/or logos, and/or biographical material for purposes of advertising, promotional and other purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world for a period of two (2) years from the conclusion of the Contest, without further compensation, notification or permission unless prohibited by law.
Your entry must be in English and may not contain any content that the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines to:
(a) be vulgar, offensive, sexually explicit, profane or pornographic;
(b) be derogatory of any race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability; endorses any form of hate or hate group; defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people, products or companies;
(c) be violent or promotes the use of alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, or weapons; promotes unsafe activities;
(d) be previously published;
(e) promote any political agenda or message;
(f) appear to duplicate any other submitted entry;
(g) contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including music, lyrics, or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission; or contains trademarks, logos or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others without permission;
(h) contain third-party trademarks, logos, insignia, including brand names of any products;
(i) contain any personal identification, such as persons’ names, ages, e-mail addresses, street addresses or license plate numbers;
(j) communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive image of the Sponsor’s name and/or any of its brands;
(k) contain any material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
(l) contain any person or minor other than the entrant’s child or legal ward;
(m) violate any law; or
(n) include or refer to any third parties, including but not limited to minors, celebrities and friends, who have not expressly authorized such inclusion or reference.
The Sponsor reserves the right to reject any entry which Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, does not meet the above criteria or is otherwise offensive or is not in keeping with the Sponsor’s image and reputation. Sponsor reserves the right to remove any entry without prior notice.
7. By entering, you represent and warrant that (a) you are the sole owner of your entry or have received the authorization of any other owners of rights for your use of their material in your entry as provided by these rules; (b) you have the right to submit the entry and to provide the Sponsor with license to use the entry (as detailed below); (c) your entry consists of only your original work and no part of your entry has previously been published anywhere else; (d) you have not granted any person, corporation or other entity any rights to use your entry; (e) your entry meets the above criteria in this Section; (f) your entry does not defame or violate the rights of publicity or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon the publicity rights or privacy of any third person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property rights or other third party rights; and (g) your entry is not offensive or inappropriate, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, nor does it violate any law. By submitting an entry, you warrant and represent that you consent to the submission and use of the entry in the Contest and to its use as otherwise set forth herein.
Entrants understand and agree that they shall retain all ownership rights in entry; however, by submitting an entry, entrant hereby grants Sponsor a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to edit, publish, use, adapt, exploit, modify or dispose of any entry, in whole or in part, online, in print, film, television, or in any other media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without compensation, permission or notification to entrant or any third party, for any purpose whatsoever.
By submitting an entry, you acknowledge and agree that Sponsor may obtain many submissions in this Contest and that your entry may be similar or identical in theme, idea, format or other respects to others submitted in this Contest or other contests sponsored by the Sponsor, or to other ideas conceived by or provided to Sponsor, and you waive any and all claims you have or may have, now or in the future, that any entry and/or other works accepted, reviewed and/or used by the Sponsor (or its designees) are similar or identical to your entry. Except where prohibited by law, you acknowledge and agree that the Sponsor does not have now, nor shall it have in the future, any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of any copyright in and to your entry.
By entering, entrants understand and agree that their entry may be posted on https://www.crayolateachers.ca for viewing by visitors. Released Parties (as defined below) are not liable for the use of any entry by any third party. Entrant acknowledges and agrees that Released Parties have no, nor shall have in the future, any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of any copyright in and to any entry.
10. By participating, entrant agrees to abide by these Official Rules, and to the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, delayed, interrupted or unavailable network, server, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, miscommunications, failed phone, computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether computer, network, human, mechanical, electronic, printing, typographical or otherwise relating to or in connection with this Contest, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Contest-related materials or for any damage to entrant’s or other person’s computer, hardware or software as a result of participation. Released Parties are also not responsible for entries that are lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered garbled or delayed by computer transmissions and all such entries are void. Sponsor is not responsible for any prize that is lost, damaged, stolen, delayed, misdirected, or undelivered. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest or who are in violation of these Official Rules as solely determined by the Sponsor will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Every entry must be manually keystroked and manually entered by the individual participant and repetitive automated electronic submission of entries is specifically disallowed. Use of script, macro or automated entry software or programs or any other means that subvert the entry process is prohibited and all such entries will be void. In the event the Promotion is compromised by virus, bugs, worms, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Promotion, or if Promotion is unable to run as planned for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion (subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux) to modify, suspend or terminate the Promotion or any portion thereof and/or terminate the participation of any entrant (and void his/her entry/ies) whose conduct potentially compromises the Promotion and at its sole discretion, if terminated, to award the Sweepstakes prize(s) for the drawing(s) at issue from among all eligible non-suspect entries received for such drawing(s) prior to the act requiring such termination, or judge all eligible, non-suspect Contest entries received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. CAUTION: Any attempt by an entrant to damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, AS A CONDITION OF PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, YOU AGREE THAT A) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, IF ANY; B) ALL CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS PROMOTION, OR ANY COMPENSATION OR CREDIT TO BE PROVIDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION AND EXCLUSIVELY BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION UNDER THE AUSPICES OF THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT (“FAA”, Title 9 of the United States Code) IN ACCORDANCE WITH AND PURSUANT TO THE RULES OF THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION (“AAA RULES”); C) THE AAA RULES SHALL GOVERN THE INTERPRETATION, ENFORCEMENT AND ALL PROCEEDINGS AT SUCH ARBITRATION; AND D) JUDGMENT UPON SUCH ARBITRATION AWARD MAY BE ENTERED IN ANY COURT HAVING JURISDICTION. YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO OPT-OUT OF THIS ARBITRATION PROVISION. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS MANDATORY ARBITRATION PROVISION WITH REGARD TO THIS PROMOTION, THEN WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS FROM THE DATE OF YOUR ENTRY, YOU MAY OPT-OUT OF THIS, AND ONLY THIS, PART OF THE OFFICIAL RULES BY NOTIFYING THE SPONSOR OF SUCH OPT-OUT REQUEST BY PROVIDING WRITTEN NOTICE AND MAILING SUCH NOTICE TO: CRAYOLA “LESSON PLAN” PROMOTION – ARBITRATION REJECTION, 4936 YONGE STREET, SUITE 1010, TORONTO, ON M2N 6S3. ANY OPT-OUT RECEIVED AFTER THE THIRTY (30) DAY TIME PERIOD WILL NOT BE VALID AND YOU MUST PURSUE YOUR CLAIM, IF ANY, VIA ARBITRATION PURSUANT TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARD SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET COSTS INCURRED, IF ANY, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL YOU BE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER LEGAL COSTS OR EXPENSES.
IN THE EVENT THAT YOU OPT-OUT OF THIS MANDATORY ARBITRATION PROVISION, ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS PROMOTION SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY A FEDERAL OR PROVINCIAL COURT LOCATED IN ONTARIO, CANADA.
13. The name of the winner (available after June 7, 2019) and/or a copy of these Official Rules may be obtained by mailing a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to: Crayola “Lesson Plan Contest” Winners/Rules (please specify which), 15 Mary St. W., PO Box 120, Lindsay, ON K9V 4R8, for receipt no later than June 30, 2019.
14. Sponsor: Crayola Canada, Lindsay, Ontario K9V 4R8.