- Ask families to collect boxes for art projects.
- With children, walk around the neighbourhood to see where cars park. Note features such as windows, ramps, and toll booths.
- Notice places where cars and other vehicles park: car ports, attached and separate garages, underground and above-ground structures. How do cars get in? What else do you see?
- With Crayola® Scissors, cut construction paper to cover a shoebox. Glue it on with a Crayola® Glue Stick.
- Draw windows, a roof, or other features with Crayola Construction Paper Crayons.
- Cut garage doors. Ask an adult if you need help. Drive toy cars in and out with your friends.
- Asking Questions
- Reading Pictures
- Physical: Eye – Hand Coordination
- Physical: Small Muscles
- Social & Emotional: Making Friends
- Social & Emotional: Pretend Play
- Thinking: Creating
- Thinking: Observing
- Thinking: Predicting Outcomes
- Thinking: Problem Solving
- Thinking: Understanding Concepts
Print This Post
- Art Techniques
- Colour & Creativity
- Numbers & Shapes
- Pre-K and Kindergarten
Free Professional Development Resources